Taking Stock in November
Hey Internet, long time no speak!
So long in fact, I haven’t shared any photos from our summer holiday in Dorset, hence the very out-of-season image accompanying this post.
I didn’t intend to take a two month break from blogging, but I guess that’s just the way life goes sometimes. I’ve been pretty busy with work since the end of the summer, so you could say I’ve been channelling my creative energy elsewhere.
However, I’ve missed posting here on-the-regular and I desperately want to return to my old rhythm and routine. Inspired by one of my favourite reads, Practicing Simplicity, I’m going to ease myself back into blogging with Meet Me At Mike’s wonderful writing exercise, Taking Stock.
Not only does it feel good to ponder and respond to each prompt, it’s also an easy way to fill you in on what I’ve been up to lately…
- Making : Plans for the weekend. It’s probably going to be a lazy one because I think that’s what we need right now.
- Cooking : The usual, but more and more plant-based meals. We’ll be having Jamie’s Keralan Curry tonight.
- Drinking : Mostly tea, but sometimes San Pellegrino Lemon and Mint.
- Reading: The Railway Children by E. Nesbit. I always return to children’s classics during the winter months. They seem to be filled with comfort and warmth.
- Trawling: The entire Internet for my winter wardrobe. It’s officially sweater weather.
- Wanting: This Cable-Knit Jumper from Joules.
- Looking: For the perfect pair of gold hoop earrings.
- Deciding: Whether or not to have pasta for lunch.
- Wishing: Cold weather didn’t leave my skin feeling quite so dry.
- Enjoying: A small pot of M&S almonds I found at the bottom of my handbag.
- Waiting: For board game night this Friday. We’ve got some friends coming over with their kids. It’s going to be so much fun.
- Liking: Jane the Virgin on Netflix.
- Wondering: How soon is too soon when it comes to Christmas.
- Loving: These Cath Kidston Peter Pan PJs.
- Pondering: How to manage everything the festive season entails.
- Listening: To Courage and Spice, Sas Petherick’s podcast for humans with self-doubt.
- Considering: A new piercing. Nothing too extreme, just a second hole in my ears.
- Buying: Copper tree decorations from Cox & Cox.
- Watching: Season 1 of Stranger Things before we binge watch season 2.
- Hoping: To catch Unrest, a documentary about living with CFS/ME.
- Marvelling: At how fast this year has flown by. I cannot believe it’s November already.
- Cringing: At old photos of us dressed in questionable Halloween costumes.
- Needing: New slippers. I hate having cold toes.
- Questioning: My addiction to Youtube ‘Clean With Me’ videos. Erica Lee and Love Meg are my current faves.
- Smelling: My delicious new perfume, Elie Saab Le Parfum.
- Wearing: All the layers.
- Noticing: Just how cold it gets in our attic office.
- Knowing: This month will be hard.
- Trouble-shooting: Nothing at the moment.
- Thinking: About feeling ‘grievy’.
- Admiring: Kate’s coat and scarf combo in this post.
- Getting: Ready for a cosy evening at home. If it’s going to get dark at 5pm, I’m going to have to find a way to make the best of it.
- Bookmarking: Lottie’s fabulous post about how to go vegan.
- Opening: Many, many wedding planning Whatsapp messages from my recently-engaged sister.
- Closing: This link. Why have they made such a pretty dress backless?!
- Feeling: Sleepy.
- Dreaming: Of a holiday abroad. What I wouldn’t give for some winter sun.
- Hearing: Our neighbour’s sweet baby girl crying next door.
- Celebrating: A productive day.
- Pretending: I’m OK with the clocks going back.
- Embracing: The cold weather. NOT. I’m already counting the days till summer.
What’s new with you?
Love Audrey xxx